Project Management deals with the seamless integration of all kinds of works in a particular project so that the resultant output comes out in an effective and efficient manner. There are various project management tools present to cater to the various types of requirements of businesses and software development projects. These tools offer plenty of platforms to interact and improvise upon the ways of project development and ensure a charismatic communication between all the team members of the project in order to work in sync with each other for better project development. Two such project management tools are CaseCamp and FreedCamp tools. Each of these project management tools has almost similar functions but with some basic distinguishing features. These can be summarized below:
• The major difference between these two tools is the cost factor. As the very name suggest, FreedCamp comes for free whereas CaseCamp comes with certain price tag. It goes without saying that businesses having budget constraints will obviously opt for the former whereas businesses, which are looking for the top quality product where price is not the factor will definitely want to go for the CaseCamp project management tool.
• FreedCamp has an excellent feature of extendibility, which means several interfaces can get easily integrated here and this is available in a web-based app format in both free and paid versions as well whereas CaseCamp has certain restrictions in terms of compatibility but works superior to FreedCamp in the iOS app based platforms.
• Features like employee tracking, creation of teams and groups with specific roles, to-do list and calendar management can be done extremely well with CaseCamp software whereas FreedCamp has time tracking and task management features that perform almost similar tasks.
• CaseCamp makes use of interactive Gantt charts for analysis purposes which is missing in the FreedCamp software.
• There is a provision of ticketing feature in CaseCamp software that cannot be found in the FreedCamp software although comparable features can be done by issue tracker of the FreedCamp software.
In spite of these very minor differences, the two types of tools run almost parallel based on the customized requirements of various types of projects.