Agile Vs Waterfall Model
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
What Is Waterfall Software Development
- Requirements – gathering the requirements of the system and what needs to be developed
- Design – designing the system
- Implementation – developing the software
- Verification – Both system and user testing
- Maintenance – ongoing support or maintenance of the system
Difference Between Agile & Waterfall
- Agile uses iterations, waterfall uses stages
- Agile has constant business interaction, waterfall has varied high and low interaction
- Agile has roles such as scrum master, waterfall has project manager.
- Can’t go back with Waterfall, can with agile
Which Is Better – Agile Vs Waterfall?
- Agile methods are more suited to those projects that need small and frequent functionality delivered to the users.
- Waterfall methods are suited to those projects where a high level of business involvement is not possible or not needed, and where quality is more important than speed to market.